BIOGRAPHY in Brief
His Excellency/Dr. Rashid Ahmed Bin Fahad
Minister of Environment and Water
In 2008, His Excellency/Dr. Rashid Ahmed Mohammed Bin Fahad was appointed as minister of UAE environment and water. He was born in 1964 in the emirate of Dubai. In addition to his ministerial position, he has been holding the position of chairman of Emirates Standards Authority since 2008. His Excellency/Dr. Rashid obtained Ph. D. in civil engineering (Environment hygiene) from the University of Strathclyde, Scotland (UK) in 2001. He also holds Masters Degree (Ms. Sc.) in Ecology from the UAE University-Al Ain, where he graduated in 1994. In addition, he holds bachelor degree (B. Sc.) in chemical engineering from North Eastern University, Boston-USA in, where he graduated in 1989.
His Excellency/Dr. Rashid Ahmed Mohammed Bin Fahad has already held the positions below:
- Secretary General for GCC Standardization Authority-Riyadh (KSA) from 2004 to 2008.
- Deputy Chairman of Emirates Authority for Standardization & Metrology Cooperation (ESMA) from 2005-2008.
- Deputy General Manager of Emirates Authority for Standardization & Metrology Cooperation (ESMA) from 2003 to 2004.
- President ofFood and Environment Lab-Dubai Central Lab Department-Dubai Municipality from 1997 to 2003.
- Operations Manager-Dubai Municipality from 1989 to 1997.
In addition, His Excellency is also a member of Zayed International Award for Environment and board member of American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM International).